[asterisk-users] Convert CallerID name to uppercase

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Fri Dec 5 17:06:12 CST 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Sean Dennis wrote:

> Our legacy PBX will not accept the callerID name in anything but
> capital letters. (Harris 20-20)  When I send a call to the legacy PBX
> from asterisk I would like to have asterisk convert the callerID name
> to uppercase letters.  Is there a way to do this?
>

> Thanks for any input.
>
> -Sean

In TRUNK versions of Asterisk, there is a function called TOUPPER,
which converts strings to upper case.  I don't know when, exactly, it
appeared but I expect if it's not in the version you're using it may
be portable backwards without too much difficulty if the version
you're using supports functions.

JT

*CLI> core show function TOUPPER

   -= Info about function 'TOUPPER' =-

[Synopsis]
Convert string to all uppercase letters.

[Description]
Example: ${TOUPPER(Example)} returns "EXAMPLE"

[Syntax]
TOUPPER(string)

[Arguments]
string