[asterisk-users] CDR Design

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Fri Dec 5 14:49:25 CST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 13:41 +0000, Andrew Thomas wrote:
> "Pardon me,"
>
> Granted ;).
>
> "I have created realtime stats package that's based on CDR, you see new
> info immediately after call leg/event is over"
>
> I see what you are saying but can you show hold-times etc?  For example,
> call comes in to A, A puts call on hold, A dials B, B answers A, A
> transfers call to B, B speaks to caller.  Basic PBX functionality - but
> how long did it take B to answer A?  What if B is an external number
> (trunk to trunk)?
>
> To illustrate - dial an external number and, while on that call, check
> your CDR's - there isn't any.  Now put that call on hold, still none,
> now call another internal extension - still none. Now hang up and
> transfer the call. Now there is one CDR for your call. That isn't
> real-time - that's historic (ie. it happens AFTER the call is finished).
>
> The CDR that's produced here will show your call to the outside world -
> and its duration etc. So far, so good (for historic reporting).  Now get
> the person you transferred the call to to hang up.   Another CDR record
> - but this show as you talking to the internal extension - not the
> external extension talking to the outside world.
>
> Therefore, if the 2nd extension stays on that call for a long time -
> who's picking up the bill?
>
> Current CDR's are lacking in this respect - and I think this is what
> murf is trying to sort out (please jump in here murf).

murf jumps:

Read the emerging spec:

http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/murf/RFCs/CDRfix2.rfc.txt?view=log

click on (view) in the first numbered Revision.

Or, fetch it to your machine via svn checkout:

http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/murf/RFCs

And publish your scathing comments, loathing, compliments, whatever,
and we can hammer out the spec.

murf

--
Steve Murphy