[asterisk-users] Rate My Dialplan Contest Announced - Wina Phone or Copies of APSTel Visual Dialplan Std or Pro!

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Dec 5 14:27:29 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 07:24:52PM +0000, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> Many years ago when I was in school we had an obfuscated 'C' contest, and
> I recall one year the winning entry had #define'd all of the neccessary
> code into morse, so that the eventual .c file was completely in morse
> code.

Right. #defines are useful. E.g. some code that we could use in DAHDI:
http://www.ioccc.org/1986/hague.c

Some of them can even do without #define-s:
http://www.ioccc.org/1990/westley.c (charlie and charlotte)

But then again, the C preprocessor can be handy. e.g. if you want to
redefine 'if':

  http://lwn.net/Articles/308586/

--
               Tzafrir Cohen