[asterisk-users] 1.6, t.38 and zoiper - t38_udptl or t38pt_udptl ?

zoachien at securax.org zoachien at securax.org
Fri Dec 5 11:08:25 CST 2008

I will publish a tutorial in the beginning of next week about how to
configure Zoiper and Asterisk to do t.38 together.  (and while doing so
test the latest version again to make sure it really works)
Feel free to send us any bugtickets if you think something is broken, in
the case of t.38 support, please also include sip and udtpl captures.

Cheers,

Zoa.

Olivier wrote:

> [...]
>                > either, tuning Asterisk to allow that is not simple.
>                > For sending, I won't rate it at the moment.
>                >
>                >
>                >
>                >     to you
>                >     since I used Freeswitch with t38 pass-trhough, but my
>                point is :
>                >     first find a client
>                >     that supports t38 FAX capabilites that work and
>         then try
>                asterisk.
>                >     Our company had success
>                >     sending FAX using t38 through asterisk along time
>         ago so
>                I guess
>                >     you will get there sooner or later.
>                >
>                >     Olivier wrote:
>                >>     Hi,
>                >>
>                >>     1. Has anyone got any success when send a TIFF file
>                form one
>                >>     zoiper softphone to another ?
>                >>     I tried using Zoiper 2.18 free edition in
>         windows but
>                I'm seeing
>                >>     415 Unsupported media replies.
>                >>
>                >>     2. Here
>                (http://www.voipinfo.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+T.38), you
>                >>     can read :
>                >>     "Also, try using:
>                >>
>                >>      t38_udptl=yes
>                >>      t38pt_rtp=no
>                >>      t38pt_tcp=no
>                >>
>                >>     ... in the general section of the sip.conf and under
>                the VoIP
>                >>     provider account as well as the fax account. "
>                >>
>                >>     But above, you can read
>                >>     "[general]
>                >>     t38pt_udptl = yes "
>                >>
>                >>     Has this parameter name changed between 1.4 to
>         1.6 from
>                t38_udptl
>                >>     to t38pt_udptl ?
>                >>     A asterisk remains silent when I add an unknown
>         parameter
>                >>     "foo=bar", it would perfect if someone could
>         point the
>                right name
>                >>     (t38_udptl or t38pt_udptl).
>                >>
>                >>     Regards
>                >

>     The option is t38pt_udptl = yes, and has to be set in both the
>     global part and in the peer. The option was t38pt_udptl in 1.4 and
>     I don't think it got changed in 1.6.
>     Also, you can open a ticket with us (zoiper support) on
>     support at zoiper.com <mailto:support at zoiper.com>
>     <mailto:support at zoiper.com <mailto:support at zoiper.com>>, and if
>     you provide us with some packet captures, we should be able to
>     diagnose the issue
>

> As I used Free edition, I didn't dare to open tickets.
Hey, if the thing is broken, i will accept any tickets to fix it :)