[asterisk-users] Rate My Dialplan Contest Announced - Win a Phone or Copies of APSTel Visual Dialplan Std or Pro!

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Fri Dec 5 09:38:52 CST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 7:31 PM, Matt Gibson wrote:

> We often find ourselves reading through all sorts of contests on the
> Internet that never seem to echo our own personal skill set or
> interests.
> Perhaps you've even fantasized about a type of contest with the
> types of
> prizes and goodies that YOU'D actually enjoy. Maybe you've wished
> there were
> something along the lines of a asterisk phone system diagram
> contest?  With
> prizes ranging from APSTel visual dial plan software licenses to an
> Aastra
> 57I IP telephone? Does that sound like you? It does!?
>
> Well it's your lucky day!!
>
> Flewid Inc, Ottawa Phone Systems, APSTel and VOIP Phreak have all
> been kind
> and generous enough to sponsor just such a contest! Not only does it
> include
> some prizes that you're sure to salivate over, but it also offers
> you a way
> to showcase your elite and skillful phone system diagram designing
> skills!
>
> All you'll need to do is submit your best, most organized and
> beautifully
> crafted IVR diagram for an Asterisk or similar VOIP PBX phone
> system. The
> top three overall diagrams with the most overall votes will be
> selected as
> the winners and will be awarded the following prizes:
> [snip]

I think you'd get just as much interest in an "Obfuscated Dialplan
Contest" which seems to be the most popular type of dialplan
programming.  The more unreadable, ugly, and opaque the code becomes,
the more secure the employment of the administrator is who created
it.  In this economy, it would tend to lead one to think that dialplan
logic will naturally become more difficult and tangled.  :-)

There's precedent - http://www.ioccc.org/

JT

---
John Todd