[asterisk-users] We think we are cpe but they think they are cpe too

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 12:16:59 CST 2008

In article <493813B0.8050808 at fnords.org>,
Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> There is a loopback somewhere on the line.  Contact your telco and say
> "I see a loopback on the line.  Please remove it."

I don't think this is correct. The OP below said that he put the loopback
on himself, as a test.

> Uros Djokic wrote:
> > Hi I have problem with TE121 Digium card. I connected it to modem keymile
> > Music 200 (provided by telco) but I can see 2 red lights on modem (both
> > bellow words rx) and my card is red too. I tried to make experiment and made
> > loopback (pins 1 4 , 2 5) and put it in card and card become green (I hope
> > that is sign card is ok) but on CLI i can see following error message
> > WARNING: We think we are cpe but they think they are cpe too
> > ERROR: got ! frame in state 8
> > and soon after something like no Dchannel using 16 anyway.Is it normal ?

No, you can't loopback a port to itself with Asterisk running, because
it will always appear to be talking to the same kind of device as itself,
whether it is NET or CPE.

What is more likely is that you need a crossover cable between your Digium
card and the modem. Make up a crossover cable according to the instructions
at http://wiki.sangoma.com/Cablepinouts

Cheers
Tony
--