[asterisk-users] BT - ISDN30 - International Calls not working, everything else is fine :(

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 10:34:13 CST 2008

In article <24430720.201228391386724.JavaMail.GABBY-PC-VISTA$@Gabby-PC-Vista>,
Mr Gabriel <gabriel at fusis.com> wrote:

> Thank you for taking the time to read this post - I am *confused!* as to why my asterisk
> setup does not work as it should. I have an ISDN 30 connection for telephony, a Sangoma
> card, and asterisk installed.
>
> Incoming calls, and outgoing calls work 100%. Making an international call, results in
> silence, or the error message all circuits are busy
>
> Numbers being passed to the trunk for the call
>
>     - National is 020xxxxxxxx will result in 20xxxxxxxx being sent and dialled, which works
>     - Mobile is 07xxxxxxxxx will result in 7xxxxxxxxx being sent and dialled, which works
>     - International 00x[any number of digits] will result in 00x[any number of digits]
> which does not work
>
> I do not see why this does not work. I do know that for every call, the flag sent is
> national - how can I make sure the correct flag is sent for the call? By flag, I mean the
> TON, (type of number)

Not sure from your description of the numbers whether you are referring
to the dialling rules in FreePBX or to what happens between the dialplan
and the PRI. What I am about to say is applicable to the latter,
ignoring whatever FreePBX does.

I believe there are two possibilities:

1. Use pridialplan=unknown, leave nationalprefix and internationalprefix
   both empty, and give the full number to Dial(), as you would dial it,
   i.e. 020xxxxxxxx, 07xxxxxxxxx, 00x[whatever]
   The numbers will be sent over the PRI as TON unknown, without stripping
   any digits.

2. Use pridialplan=dynamic, nationalprefix=0, internationalprefix=00, and
   still give the full number to Dial(). In this case, the dynamic setting
   will match a leading 00, strip it and set TON=International, or else
   match a leading 0, strip it and set TON=National, or else it will
   set TON=Local and not strip any digits.

In both cases, make sure your FreePBX dialling rules are set NOT to strip
the 0 or 00 prefixes.

Actually, I think if pridialplan is NOT dynamic, the national and
international prefixes are ignored for dialling, but can still be usefully
set to 0 and 00 to get incoming CallerId into the correct format.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield