[asterisk-users] Possible to get "Courtesy Tone" on attended transfer?

Lincoln King-Cliby lincoln at controlworks.com
Thu Dec 4 08:45:57 CST 2008

Hi All,

Is there any way to provide the user receiving an attended transfer with a tone or other audible indication that the transfer is completed (i.e. Party A calls Party B, Party B announces the call while transferring to Party C, Party C hears tone when Party B completes the transfer so that they know that they are now talking to Party A instead of Party B)?

I know this is possible when picking up a parked call, but I haven't found any information re: transferred calls.

My users are finding that they don't know when to begin talking to the person on the other end of the call.

Similarly, but less important, is there any way to push the original caller ID over to the extension that receives the transferred call?

Thanks in advance,

Lincoln
--
Lincoln King-Cliby, CTS