[asterisk-users] canreinvite=yes problem

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Wed Dec 3 12:09:25 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 06:23:32PM +0100, BERGANZ François wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to test canreinvite=yes with 2softphones and 1 asterisk.
>
> I want to have that :
> http://www.panoramisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/asterisk-call-flow-outbridge.png
>
> But I have that http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/canreinvite.php
>

> Canreinvite=yes work for all phones or just asterisk?...

I believe canreinvite=yes is the default option unless you set it
to canreinvite=no

I would leave it set to yes unless there is some reason to change it,
for example the phone is behind NAT, or transfers etc don't work
correctly without it being set to no.

If it's still not doing the right thing, then it's worth also
checking the nat= option

There are also other settings which can cause asterisk to stay in the media
path, as BOTH sip devices need canreinvite=yes, otherwise it will stay in
the media path. Specifying certain options on the Dial() cmd may also cause
it to stay in the media path.

Rob