[asterisk-users] Parking calls

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Dec 3 11:47:46 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Sebastian <scgm at adinet.com.uy> wrote:
> The thing is I have to wait checking a database value to change the state,
> that duration is not long, but on any case I don't know when will be ready
> to go on.
> If I use MusicOnHold app the dialplan get stuck there and there's no further
> movement on my dialplan lines.
> I will have a while loop checking for a database value to change, if it
> changes the call will go on through the dialplan depending on the result,
> but I can't make the call wait without any sound (I thought PlayTones could
> be a possibility but I prefere MOH).
> For these reasons I can't use a shell script launched in background.
> Is there any way to launch in background some app like Background but follow
> with the next dialplan line while it plays the sound??
> (Just like Ringing does on my solution), I know making a local channel is
> not the best solution, but at this moment I can't think on a different one
> that not involves agi.
>
> Any idea??

AMI action Redirect -
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Redirect

Of course you would need some script to send this action, but as long
as you control writes to database it shouldn't be a problem. All you
need is to store ${CHANNEL} name of current channel before entering
MusicOnHold().

Also you could take a look at GROUP_COUNT function, perhaps it in some
way can help you :)

Regards,
Atis

--