[asterisk-users] Channel variable to identify the calling SIP peer

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:06:19 CST 2008

Thanks Grey and Philipp

Parsing the channel name is what we have been doing, but this has an
unfortunate dependence on username as opposed to peer name. The username
property of a SIP peer is not very well documented, and when using realtime
SIP, it's an immutable field once loaded into cache.

So I look forward to the day we can upgrade!

Richard