[asterisk-users] Dynamic loading changed in asterisk 1.4

Mosiuoa Tsietsi mosiuoat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 08:49:53 CST 2008

Hi all,

I have browsed through a couple of posts that deal with the failure of
applications that originally worked on asterisk 1.2 but fail on asterisk
1.4, but can't seem to understand what I need to change in my installation.
I also went through the CHANGES.txt file in my asterisk source directory,
and still was none the wiser.

I have a a MySQL integrated Prepaid application which worked on 1.2, but now
'fails to register' on 1.4. i.e.

*loader.c:376 load_dynamic_module: Module 'app_prepaid.so' did not register
itself during load*

A *module reload app_prepaid.so* attempt in the CLI returns the following:

*[Dec  3 16:39:36] WARNING[16146]: loader.c:376 load_dynamic_module: Module
'app_prepaid.so' did not register itself during load
[Dec  3 16:39:36] WARNING[16146]: loader.c:657 load_resource: Module
'app_prepaid.so' could not be loaded. *

Which is the following block of code in the main/loader.c file:
**
 *if (resource_being_loaded != (mod = AST_LIST_LAST(&module_list))) { **
                ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Module '%s' did not register itself
during load\n", resource_in);
                /* no, it did not, so close it and return */
                while (!dlclose(lib));
                /* note that the module's destructor will call
ast_module_unregister(),
                   which will free the structure we allocated in
resource_being_loaded */
                return NULL;
 }
*
My voicemail application uses realtime with MySQL but that seems to work
fine. I have a prepaid.conf rfile readily setup. Any comments or
suggestions? Thanks alot,

Mos

Some more info:

OS: Ubuntu Hardy
Asterisk version: Asterisk 1.4.21.2-BRIstuffed-0.4.0-RC3c
MySQL Server version: 5.0