[asterisk-users] OT: What do you guys think of this?

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Tue Dec 2 14:55:26 CST 2008

At 07:57 12/2/2008, Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) wrote:
 >On December 1, 2008 07:21:33 pm Doug wrote:
 >> Hmmm.  When our users are pounding the network
 >> with BitTorrent traffic, we just shut them down
 >> and wait for them to complain.  It's against our
 >> Acceptable Use Policy, and causes all sorts of
 >> VOIP headaches.
 >
 >As someone who is the technical lead for several ISPs, it is my professional
 >opinion that you haven't a clue how to run such a thing.
 >
 >Torrent does not interfere with VOIP on a well-designed network any
more than
 >FTP or web browsing.
 >
 >Honestly, hire a competent admin to set up and run your infrastructure.

If we could find one.  We had to completely abandon
our initial supplier of wireless point-to-point
gear.  We are still ramping up with the new vendor.
Lots of problems.  We keep asking questions--sometimes
we get satisfactory answers.  This is what life is
like on cutting edge of tecnology.

  If