[asterisk-users] MixMonitor and ChanSpy strangeness...

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 14:41:25 CST 2008

Geraint Lee wrote:
> Hello there...
>
> Noticed some strangeness going on with mixmonitor and chanspy, the
> called (External SIP) party seem to be responding before the calling
> party (Internal SIP) on call recordings and also when you listen in
> using chanspy. as far as the agent (calling party) is conserned the
> conversation is perfectly normal... just not the recordings that are
> produced, or any spying that's going on at the time.
>
> This is happening on mixmonitor recordings even if you're not listening
> in on chanspy too.
>
> Any suggestions?

I don't have any suggestions, but this is similar to something I am
experiencing with Chanspy in 1.4.21.1.

If I spy on a call, then progressively throughout the call a delay is
introduced. By the end of the call I can be listening to sound that is
10 seconds out of sync. (Then I don't get to hear the end of the call
when the call is finished).

This also leaves stale channels open. (the entry in show channels
doesn't go away until the asterisk process is restarted).