[asterisk-users] Which installation policy is behind Asterisk doc delivered with source code ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Dec 2 01:30:34 CST 2008

Hi,

Testing latest 1.6.1, it occurred to me I had to add a couple of noload
statements in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf to remove ERROR messages, when
starting Asterisk.
(I don't imply those ERROR messages were fatal to Asterisk but as a general
rule, I tried to start Asterisk without any of those).

As I'm not very familiar with module concepts at the moment, I told myself
it would be helpful, if strictly following instructions included in README
files, I did get a system that starts without any ERROR message of any kind
and still could provide some basic telephony services.

So my question is :
- is there a policy fixing the target of README files ?
- for example, if someone installs Asterisk (according README files) on a
platform equipped with a Digium analog board, should this board be
automatically discovered, configured and ready to run ?

Regards