[asterisk-users] OT: What do you guys think of this?

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Mon Dec 1 18:21:33 CST 2008

At 12:34 12/1/2008, Alex Balashov wrote:
 >http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/01/richard_bennett_utorrent_udp/
 >
 >FUD?  Interesting?  Boring?  New news?  Old news?

Hmmm.  When our users are pounding the network
with BitTorrent traffic, we just shut them down
and wait for them to complain.  It's against our
Acceptable Use Policy, and causes all sorts of
VOIP headaches.

Why the BitTorrent guys want to give themselves
even a worse reputation is beyond me.  We tell
our customers that they are not allowed to
download copyrighted material.  But for other,
legal BitTorrent transfers, we suggest that
they use the scheduling feature of uTorrent to
avoid high-traffic transfers during the day.