[asterisk-users] PRI Splitter

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Sat Aug 30 11:38:44 CDT 2008

> Have you looked at PRI-BRI Fail-over-Switches ?
>

> > We've done the asterisk pass-through route, but if the asterisk box is down
> > for whatever reason both systems are down.

Look at this brand new failover device:

http://www.rhinoequipment.com/1portfail.html
http://www.rhinoequipment.com/Single%20Port%20Failover%20Datasheet%201-22-2008.pdf

I've done a fair amount of research and this one is easier, cheaper,
more robust and  more flexible than other solutions I've looked into.
I'm getting one in a few days.

I talked about it a little bit yesterday on the VoIP users conference.

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-22622/TS-137957.mp3

My ramble about about Redfone and Rhino is about three fifths of the way
through the recording.  It's a little winded, but I was speaking
top-of-mind.  You can the Rhino product for T1/E1/BRI or ANALOG trunks.
There are several good solutions for PRI, including the redfone bridge:

http://www.red-fone.com/Products/fonebridge2/

The device from Rhino is in my opinion is a HUGE no-brainer for BRI or
Analog failover scenarios

-Karl