[asterisk-users] Wi-SIP vs. SIP-DECT

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Sat Aug 30 09:05:58 CDT 2008

> The DECT data rate is way too low for "integrated services".

Does anyone know the actual data rate on DECT?

I've never built any wireless mobility apps, but I would assume the
bitrate required would be quite low, being mostly XML text.  In
comparison to the audio data stream it would seem to be the probverbial
"fart in a windstorm" even though it would perhaps not be surprising if
it were only designed to carry CNAM strings etc, corroborating Benny
Amorsen post.

-Karl