[asterisk-users] sip conversations overlapping!!!!

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri Aug 29 09:44:04 CDT 2008

RoLaNd RoLaNd wrote:
> i appologize for not making myself clear..
>

> i have my asterisk box, connexted to 4 sipura3102..
>  these sipuras has 4 PSTN lines connected to them through one cable,
> which has 8 lines inside of it (2 connected to an RJ11 and plugged
> into its respecitve fxs port in the sipura)

Lines plugged into the fxS ports? I hope you have them in the "LINE"
ports (fxO)
Are there any telephones plugged directly into the Sipuras? Into the
"PHONE" ports (FXS)

> my prob is as such:
>
> when i call from softphone#1 to sipura #1, sound is pretty good and
> everything is working perfectly.. though if asterisk recieves a call
> from another sipura.. lets say its sipura #2, then! i could hear the
> attendnat answering the incoming phone in my current conversation, and
> i could hear some1 picking up and answerinfg the call..!
> if i ask them to hang up! my line breaks as well..

I would double check the wiring of the "8 line" cable. 4 POTS lines = 4
pairs of tip & ring. Are there some of the tip&ring pairs mixed up? eg
tip from line 1 mixed with ring from line 2, etc.
This is the most likely scenario since I can't imagine Asterisk bridging
the calls without being asked to.

Otherwise, are we still missing something in the topology here?

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson