[asterisk-users] Problems with DTMF on IVRs

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu Aug 28 05:59:28 CDT 2008

I have a client with 30 extensions, all Polycom 501 phones, an Asterisk
1.2.30.2 installation, and trunking over SIP to TelIAX. Everything works
fine except where they need to use DTMF to navigate IVRs such as
Dell.com. The tones are not recognized at all.
My sip.conf lists for each extension:

        dtmfmode=rfc2833

and in the [general] section: relaxdtmf=yes

I have a very similar system at my office nad DTMF works.

Any ideas why this does not work?

Chris Mason
Comet Systems

believed to be clean.