[asterisk-users] VUC Friday: asterisk 1.6 fax, Drawing for Free Astricon Pass

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:46:10 CDT 2008

Friday August 29, 2008 at 12 Noon EDT - VoIP Users Conference

Hi,

I was surprised to learn last week from Digium that asterisk 1.6 has
fax supported included. No more copying source files and editing
Makefile. While those tasks are not a big deal, they sort of defeat
the idea of using make. I greet the news with that fax is an integral
part of the asterisk install.  I wonder where the fax code comes from?
SpanDSP?

Digital-OPSiS is offering a Free Exhibitors Pass, valued at $695 to
one lucky winner and the drawing, postponed from last week will be
this Friday on Voip Users Conference.

 http://voipusersconference.org  -or-  http://bit.ly/voip

You can still  register to be part of the Digital-OPSiS team and get
all the action of Astricon.

  Go to http://bit.ly/astricon

For the rest of the time, we'll be talking about anything related to
telephony (and sometimes not related to anything) and especially VoIP,
SIP, hardware, asterisk, software.

Ironically, by definition being involved in VoIP means you have a
phone and usually have SIP providers or hardware and software to make
SIP calls. For years, the only vocal contact anyone had was the free
FWD network. Since March 2007, you can join us any Friday at 12 Noon
Eastern, 9AM Pacific or 1600 GMT to chat about anything that's on your
mind.

PSTN (724) 444-7444 and enter 22622# 1#
SIP 123 at ts.x2z.eu DTMF 22622# 1#

IRC.freenode.net #voip-users-conference