[asterisk-users] PRI Splitter

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 27 08:51:47 CDT 2008

Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I know I could probably achieve the same thing with a 3 port PRI card in
> a server, but I’d like something braindead easy to configure from both a
> hardware and software perspective.

Anything you use is going to (essentially) be a 3-port ISDN PRI capable
switch, because that is the only way to accomplish what you need. There
really isn't any way to 'split' a PRI, unlike a T1 using CAS signaling
which can be 'split' using a drop-and-insert multiplexer.

If you don't want to use a small PC with a 3-port T1 card in it, you can
use something like an Adtran Atlas to do the job.

Alternatively, just use a 2-port T1 card in the Asterisk server, and run
the PRI *through* the Asterisk server on the way to the other PBX.
That's the most common way to do what you want to do.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies