[asterisk-users] is shared_lastcall available in 1.4

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Aug 27 03:21:15 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Bob Pierce <pierceb at westmancom.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 17:53 +0300, Atis Lezdins wrote:
>> > Are there any plans to back port this feature into upcoming 1.4
>> > releases?
>> >

>> No, new features are added only in trunk, and released in next major
>> release (1.6).
>
> So what would be involved in back porting this feature for our system?
>
> Do I simply follow the diff from the link you provided and apply the
> highlighted changes to the app_queue.c file in my Asterisk source
> directory before recompiling?

Generally yes. There's a patch file you can download for automatic
patching, but in this case it doesn't work automatically. So you
manually have to look all pieces that doesn't merge. I already took a
look, and hardest part would be update_status function, because
Asterisk 1.6 uses astobj2 (ao2_lock, ao2_iterator_* and other
functions) to access queue list. You will have to rewrite this part
using old functions - you can see that in update_queues function:

        AST_LIST_LOCK(&queues);
        AST_LIST_TRAVERSE(&queues, q, list) {
                ast_mutex_lock(&q->lock);

If you doubt about some part, you're welcome to ask, i'll try to help
you, but i don't want to provide complete backport to you, as i won't
be able to test it :)

Regards,
Atis

--