[asterisk-users] Asterisk connected to the PSTN vs. a commercial solution

Alejandro Cabrera Obed acabrera at sintys.gov.ar
Tue Aug 26 09:49:23 CDT 2008

Dear all, now I'm using an Asterisk 1.4.13 SIP server with 50 SIP users
and it works very well only in an intranet environment (no connections
to the PSTN world).

But in the near future, we have to plan a telephone system that works in
the intranet (voip) and also it must be connected to the PSTN public
network with a T1/E1 trunk, with 200 SIP users aproximately. So at first
I have to ways to do that:

1- Continue using Asterisk and adding a T1/E1 interface in order to
connect to the PSTN

2- Discard Asterisk and buy a commercial solution, because we have the
money

My questions are: does Asterisk work in the scenario I've described ????
What is the best solution you can recommend to me ???

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro