[asterisk-users] is shared_lastcall available in 1.4

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Tue Aug 26 09:30:03 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Bob Pierce <pierceb at westmancom.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 17:47 -0500, Bob Pierce wrote:
>> > I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Asterisk 1.4! Unfortunately,
>> the
>> > shared_lastcall option is only in versions 1.6.0 and up.
>> >

>> Does anybody have a workaround for this in 1.4?
>
> Or maybe a better question:
> How stable is 1.6 for production use?

I'd say - go for backport instead. shared_lastcall is commited in
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/trunk/apps/app_queue.c?r1=86820&r2=86985
and it seems that there are no bugfixes for it since. So, backporting
should be fairly simple. Also i would suggest subscribing to
asterisk-svn and watch for commits to app_queue to not miss any
bugfixes to it.

Migration to 1.6 could be more time consuming, as there are lot of
changes, you will probably have to adjust dialplan, etc.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,