[asterisk-users] implementing an intercom with asterisk

Jonathan Disher jdisher at parad.net
Mon Aug 25 20:55:10 CDT 2008

I am looking to replace the phone system at my father's shop with an
Asterisk box and some Cisco phones, but one piece of the
implementation is tripping me up.  He has two buildings (the office,
and the shop proper), separated by about 3-400 yards.  Currently with
the ancient Meridian system installed, there is a paging intercom (to
page employees, etc) on a dedicated extension - play a loud tone, then
set up a 2 way channel.  Anyone got any ideas, hardware wise, on how I
might implement this with an Asterisk system?

Thanks, and if this isn't appropriate for this list, if anyone has a
better destination for the question, I"d be quite appreciative.

-j