[asterisk-users] OT - Which rackable case for mini-ITX boards ?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:48:27 CDT 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
<snip />
> Al,
> What did you finally settle on as a firewall for this project?
> jlc

Ahhh - good question; I was waiting for someone to ask... I haven't.

I only really needed a content filter for the younger members of my
family. When I upgraded "the boys'" computer to Edubuntu, I found a
great thread that helped me add Dan's Guardian and a proxy onto that
machine. (It runs as root and he can't do anything about it... Hee Heee.
Until he learns how to hack I guess. But by then I doubt I'll care much
about him looking at porn anyway).

As for a firewall, we have one built into my dsl router and it's quite
locked down. I have only one M$ PC left in the household (but not for
much longer) so other forms of protection are largely unnecessary today.
Of course that may change over time but for now I'm quite happy.

I should think a GUI like Firestarter (http://www.fs-security.com/)
would be my next port of call if/when I decide to add a firewall to my
server.

HTH and thanks for asking.

Al

PS - I did test Untangle on a VM and on a separate partition of my VIA
host as it now installs cleanly on Ubuntu servers using apt. But is was
just too much hassle to migrate the existing apps over to an Ubuntu
Server. If my OS hadn't been a roll-your-own I would have probably used it.

--
The way out is open!
http://www.theopensourcerer.com