[asterisk-users] How to query a remote MySQL DB from dialplan

Rich rich at isphone.net
Mon Aug 25 12:12:38 CDT 2008

I want to query an existing MySQL DB from my Asterisk Dialplan.
This to check one field in a table in a database on a remote DB server.

Is this possible using 'app_addon_sql_mysql' from asterisk-addons pkg?

I would like to use an ODBC connector eg. unixODBC.
I would like it to be 'stock', ie. part of the standard release and supported
into the future.

I have researched this for a couple days now (Asterisk Wiki and maillist)
and am confused by the many and varied  'solutions' I find online.

I so far haven't been able to navigate thru all the online docs to a real solution.
If I am finally successful... I will contribute a step by step HOWTO to the Wiki.

Any hints and pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich