[asterisk-users] asterisk realtime

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Aug 25 10:23:31 CDT 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 07:08:30 Szasz Szabolcs wrote:
> Hi!
> I am running CentOS 5 with Asterisk 1.4.21.2  I am trying to setup storage
> of voicemail messages into MySQL. I installed unixODBC unixODBC-devel
> libtool-ltdl libtool-ltdl-devel and mysql-connector-odbc. I reconfigured
> and built Asterisk, using menuconfig to turn on ODBC voicemail storage.
> Here is the output of some config files:
>
> [MySQL]
> Description             = ODBC for MySQL
> Driver          = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
> Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so
> UsageCount              = 3
>
> [MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver]
> Description             = ODBC 3.51 for MySQL
> DRIVER          = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
> SETUP           = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3S.so
> UsageCount              = 3
>
> [root at localhost ~]# cat /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
> [astrealtime]
> Description             = MySQL Asterisk database
> Trace           = Off
> TraceFile               = stderr
> Driver          = MySQL
> SERVER          = localhost
> USER            = asterisk
> PASSWORD                = 123qwe
> PORT            = 3306
> DATABASE                = asterisk
>
> [root at localhost ~]# cat /etc/asterisk/res_odbc.conf
> ;;; odbc setup file
>
> ; ENV is a global set of environmental variables that will get set.
> ; Note that all environmental variables can be seen by all connections,
> ; so you can't have different values for different connections.
> [ENV]
> INFORMIXSERVER => my_special_database
> INFORMIXDIR => /opt/informix
>
> ; All other sections are arbitrary names for database connections.
>
> [asterisk]
> enabled => yes
> dsn => astrealtime
> username => asterisk
> password => 123qwe
> pre-connect => yes
>

> ;[mysql2]
> ;enabled => no
> ;dsn => MySQL-asterisk
> ;username => myuser
> ;password => mypass
> ;pre-connect => yes
> ;
> ; On some databases, the connection times out and a reconnection will be
> ; necessary.  This setting configures the amount of time a connection
> ; may sit idle (in seconds) before a reconnection will be attempted.
> ;idlecheck => 3600
>
> ; Certain servers, such as MS SQL Server and Sybase use the TDS protocol,
> which ; limits the number of active queries per connection to 1.  By
> setting up pools ; of connections, Asterisk can be made to work with these
> servers. ;[sqlserver]
> ;enabled => no
> ;dsn => mickeysoft
> ;pooling => yes
> ;limit => 5
> ;username => oscar
> ;password => thegrouch
> ;pre-connect => yes
> [...]

Might be something as simple as having two different libraries installed, one
in /usr/local, and the other in /usr.  A simple way to fix this would be to:
ln -s /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini /etc/odbc.ini
ln -s /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini /etc/odbcinst.ini

If that works, you have library skew.  Remove either one of the library sets,
re-configure, and recompile Asterisk.

--
Tilghman