[asterisk-users] OT - Which rackable case for mini-ITX boards ?

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Mon Aug 25 05:31:44 CDT 2008

Can anybody recommend a Compact Flash reader/writer that works okay under Linux for creating the boot image ? Sandisk ImageMate looks pretty good and is a good price.  Anybody using one of these ?

Regards,

--
--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s http://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net

----- "Alan Lord" <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't seem so to me. For a home office scenario at least. I have
>
> VIA CN700 that I have downclocked to 1Ghz, it has 1G of RAM (A single
>
> stick of DDR2) but it runs *a lot of stuff* as well as Asterisk and I
>
> have not experienced any issues.
>

> The OS is a custom built Linux based on Linux from Scratch (it enables
>
> you to build only what you need and compile for the particular
> hardware
>
> of your choice).
>

> On this little box I have Asterisk, Tomcat (running the Chandler
>
> Calendar Server, and some apps that we use for testing such as Open
>
> Bravo and Concourse Suite CRM), Apache, MySQL and PostgreSQL, Samba
>
> (acts as a file server for our home network), and other stuff I have
>
> probably forgotten. I measure uptime in months and the usual reason
> for
>
> a restart is due to me playing (breaking) or power failures.
>

> My home telephony network consists of a trio of Siemens S685IP
> SIP/DECT
>
> phones, two IAX trunks (one to my business partner's home office
>
> Asterisk and one to my telephony provider, and a single X100P for a
> PSTN
>
> backup line should the IP services die (I'd recommend using OSLEC for
>
> this kind of card - the EC is excellent).
>

> This is the Mobo I chose:
> http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=11212
>

> You can read more on my blog (in my sig below) by clicking on the
>
> Asterisk tag for example.
>

> Cheers
>

> Al

believed to be clean.