[asterisk-users] SECURITY QUESTION & SANITY CHECK

Mr Shunz mrshunz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 04:53:01 CDT 2008

Hi,

[snip]

> For example I tried to block registrations from other subnets as
> follows:
> [general]
> deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0                  ;deny all by default?
> permit=10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0           ;allow registrations from local
> subnet?

you should put deny/permit PER peer as

[200]
type=friend
username=200
password=200
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=10.1.0.0/255.255.0.0

we have various installation with * on pubblic IP with upstream
SIP registration and private internal SIP peers.

btw, to be really sure, you sould have a firewall to block
routing of 10.1.0.0/16 class from your public IP.

cheers