[asterisk-users] ASM / AMI Assisted Live Transfer

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Mon Aug 25 01:31:08 CDT 2008

I have a call between two people.  I know their channel identifier.  I want
to trasfer a call away from one person and pass it to another person.

To start, let's talk about a blind transfer.  My system places both outgoing
calls to people and bridges them together (cheaper, works via AGI).

Action: Redirect
Channel: <prospect>
ExtraChannel: 0
Exten: SIP/transfer_to
Context: default

So that works just fine.  I'm having an issue however that when the person
who was orginally talking decides to hang up his call, Asterisk disconnects
the other line as well, as if the ownership of that line is still controled
by the orginal process.  I'd love to solve that problem.  Maybe putting the
SIP/transfer_to into the ExtraChannel and then transfering them to a
conference room.  Suggestions welcome.  Could also be that AGI maintains
control of any channels it creates and when the main calling line dies, it
kills all the others even if they've been transfered away.

Okay, in the end, I'd like this to be assisted transfer.  Place the party on
hold, call another party, and then bridge the two together.  Whenever a
channel is taken away from the current person, the call status is returned
and my AGI script can continue.  So I think it should be fine.  Has anyone
done anything like this?  Any pointers would be great.

--
Nicholas Blasgen
nicholas at blasgen.com
408.497.9796 (c)