[asterisk-users] OT - Which rackable case for mini-ITX boards ?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Aug 24 16:19:47 CDT 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

> Reason for the G729 is that I have a couple of numbers which come in
> directly over IAX.  Switched office numbers away from BT onto VoIP to
> reduce cost :)

Don't use g729 unless you really need it. Even on an old ADSL-1 connection
in the UK (256Kbps upstream), you can run 2 G711 calls over IAX (b/w
needed on an IAX trunk for 2 calls is 80+65 = 145Kb/sec each way. (give or
take) Even 2 SIP calls @ 160Kbps ought to be fine.

However I've transcoded over 10 concurrent g729 calls on a 1GHz VIA
processor, so it's possible if you really need to do it.

Gordon