[asterisk-users] entering a password to have access to a sip account?!

RoLaNd RoLaNd r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 10:26:38 CDT 2008

Hi all,

i;m obviously a newbie, its been 2 days that im trying to figure out a way to  deny a specific extension (300) from calling another specific extensions (03) except if the caller punch a specified password.. sorry if im not explaining myself well.. heres an example:

i called my pstn line(with 300 as its sip account), an attendant answers and asks me to punch in an extension number right now if i dial "03" it rings at the other end! though i dont want that to happen! i want to set asterisk up in a way tht if i dial "03" from "300" to ask me for a password... or it wont let the line go through!

can anyone guide me through this issue! im really going crazy to get this done! any help would truly and utterly be appreciated:)

ps: find below my extensions.conf

[sipura-line]
exten => 301,1,Answer() ; Answer inbound calls
exten => 301,2,Playback(silence/1)
exten => 301,3,Background(simzy1) ; input an extension
exten => 301,4,WaitExten(8)
exten => 301,5,Dial(SIP/100,15) ; goes to operator
exten => 301,4,Wait(8)
include => spa
exten => _XXX,6,VoiceMail(100 at default)
exten => 301,n,Hangup()

[spa]
exten =>_301,1,GoTo(sipura-line,${EXTEN},1)
exten => _1XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},20) ;each ring equals to 5 seconds so it will ring 3 times
exten => _1XX,2,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@default) ; direct 2 voicemail box if line is busy or unavailable
exten => _1XX,3,HangUp()
exten => _2XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},20) ;each ring equals to 5 seconds so it will ring 3 times
exten => _2XX,2,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@default) ; directs to voicemail box if line is busy or unavailable
exten => _2XX,3,HangUp()
exten => _3XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},20) ; each ring equals to 5 seconds so it will ring 3 times
exten => _3XX,2,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@default) ; directs 2 voicemail box if line is busy or unavailable
exten => _3XX,3,HangUp()
exten =>_01,1,Dial(SIP/$(EXTEN)@300) ; old ogero line
;exten =>_01,2,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=5)
exten =>_02,1,Dial(SIP/$(EXTEN)@304) ; new ogero line
exten =>_03,1,Dial(SIP/$(EXTEN)@305) ; samer
exten =>_04,1,Dial(SIP/$(EXTEN)@306) ; gilberte
exten =>_05,1,Dial(SIP/$(EXTEN)@307) ; conference
exten =>_06,1,Dial(SIP/$(EXTEN)@308) ; line 4
exten => 303,1,VoicemailMain ; voicemail box to be redirected to