[asterisk-users] Semi-OT Satellite?

Femi adalemo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 17:45:07 CDT 2008

I've used VOIP over satellite for years and while it's not perfect it is
sometimes actually better than cellular voice

Unless you have a double hop scenario where the traffic makes two satellite
hops from one remote to a central hub and then to another satellite remote
the latency is actually not noticeable

Satellite usually has a latency of 250 - 300 ms and in most cases this does
not have a noticeable effect on the conversation

Femi

  _____