[asterisk-users] OT - Which rackable case for mini-ITX boards ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Aug 23 05:30:20 CDT 2008

Hi,

Though this is a bit off-topic on this list, I think this might interest
those looking to build Asterisk appliances out of mini-ITX boards such as
http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm.

As Intel's Atom is becoming available on a large scale, I'm feeling rackable
mini-ITX cases with PCI/PCIe expansion slot(s) are comparatively still
expensive and uneasy to find.
The only manufacturer I'm aware of is Travla (see
http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm).
So at the moment, I'm inclined to still base our solutions with standard
rackable servers (HP, Dell, ...) instead of less power hungry machines.

Any comment on that ?

Regards