[asterisk-users] Problem with modem data calls and xorcom astribanks

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Aug 22 22:00:50 CDT 2008

Darren Sessions wrote:
> Not sure what you've heard before, but I have successfully used a
> modem at 9600 baud

Well, OK, "it won't work" was a little strong. Faxes work because they
too are at slow speed. But for me at  least, 9600 baud is pretty much
useless. Instead, I just patch the modem directly into the wall plate
(bypassing the asterisk box) on the rare occasions that I need to dial
up so that I can get the 56k. Works in my small home setup, won't work
for everyone. I suspect that neither patching around asterisk nor
settling for 9600 is going to be acceptable for the motel manager.

--Greg