[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] Linksys SPA3102-NA firmware upgrade on Linux

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 12:01:30 CDT 2008

On 08/20/08 14:46, Paul Hales wrote:
>Joseph wrote:
>> Does anybody know if the process of upgrading firmware on "Linksys SPA3102-NA" in Linux is the same as on Sipura 3K as described on voip-info.org
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Sipura
>>

>I'm pretty sure it works - I used it to upgrade a (god help me) SPA 9000
>the other week.
>
>PaulH

No it DID NOT work for me - upgrading via http web-server as described in:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Linksys-Cisco+3102
under: "Firmware" section

So I was forced myself to use an EXE file (what a pity).
However, I got in interesting post from a guru on Voxilla forum:

Firmware can be loaded by placing a URL into Upgrade Rule (under Provisioning tab).

Example:
Place the following URL into the Upgrade Rule space: http://www.linuxstation.net/pub/voip/Linksys/Firmware/spa3102-5-1-7.bin

then save the changes. The ATA will reboot, then it will load the new firmware and reboot again.

I'll try it the next time, and I think www.voip-info.org should be appended with this information as good information is hard to find.

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7