[asterisk-users] Changing callerID in a context

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Aug 22 06:28:32 CDT 2008

Andy Dixon wrote:
> On 21 Aug 2008, at 14:40, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>
>>> This *should* change the callerID for (for example) 700 and 701 to be
>>> 581557, and any extensions not listed above, it should leave them
>>> alone.

Andy,

If you're not bound and determined to do it this way, you can use the
MySQL addon to do a sql lookup for outbound CallerID.

It works great.  Just before the dial out, we do a query against the
extension, if there is a match, we set the caller-id to whatever was
returned on the query, if there isn't a match, we use the main number.

If you'd like more information, let me know,

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: