[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset IP in USA (S685 IP in particular)

Paul Chambers asterisk at lists.bod.org
Fri Aug 22 03:13:25 CDT 2008

Another example of the North American frequency allocations being just a
little bit different from everywhere else in the world...  So does that
mean you've stopped using your S685 IP, Michael? ;)

Siemens USA does offer a few of the Gigaset DECT models over here (e.g.
the E450, S450 and S455 are not hard to find). But none of the -IP
models (e.g. no S450 IP). Perhaps they'd enjoy more success in the CE
business if they offered those :)

If WiFi handsets were more affordable I wouldn't have this problem :)

Paul