[asterisk-users] About the CALLIDNUMBER of the fxs

Brett Crapser brett at websmyths.com
Fri Aug 22 01:54:29 CDT 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, larry wrote:

> HI
>
>   Here  is a question about the fxs of the zaptel card which is set a
> number to use in the inter as common analog phone. When I also use
> ${CALLERID(num)}to get it's number, it also could not be done. At this
> time ,the fxs phone does not get any relation with the outbound which is
> like PSTN and so forth. It just set the phone number and extension in
> the * for inter used . Could you tell me the reason, and how I could get
> the number of the fxs?

Larry

As I understand your question...

You have a zaptel card with an analog phone connected to a FXS port.
You want CallerID associated with this line.

In your zapata.conf you should have the port defined kind of like:

context=local
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1

Just add the lines (before the channel callout!):

callerid="Common Phone Name" <common_phone_number_you_want>

so it looks like:

context=local
signalling=fxo_ks
callerid="Larry's Phone" <101>
channel => 1

Ta Da!
Asterisk will use that as as your CallerID.

Brett