[asterisk-users] Linksys - Sipura VMWI splash ring

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 01:41:29 CDT 2008

On 08/21/08 21:10, Joseph wrote:
>I'm trying to configure Linksys 3102 for a short splash ring when someone leaves a message.
>in my sip.conf I have
>mailbox=number
>
>I have can see a visual indicator (light blinking on the phone) but there is no short splash ring)
>
>Linksys setting:
>
>Regional - tab
>Ring and Call Waiting Tone Spec
>Ring Waveform: Trapezoids		Ring Frequency:	25
>VMWI Refresh Intvl: 30  (was "0" I changed to 30 makes no difference)
>
>User 1 - tab
>
>Ring Settings:
>VMWI Ring Splash Len: 0.5
>
>Did I miss any settings? Why isn't it working?

It seems to me this feature is sync with Line 1 "Register Expires:" under: Proxy and Registration
The default setting is 3600 so it means the phone will get a short ring every hour.
If I want to ring the phone every 30sec I need to set "Register Expires: 30"

So I don't understand, what is the point of setting timer on:
"VMWI Refresh Intvl:"
since it doesn't get into effect until "Register Expires"

I'm confused by this logic.

-
#Joseph