[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset IP in USA (S685 IP in particular)

Paul Chambers asterisk at lists.bod.org
Thu Aug 21 11:50:41 CDT 2008

For some unfathomable reason, Siemens USA doesn't offer the Gigaset IP
range in the U.S. I'm particularly interested in the Gigaset S685 IP.
Since it's DECT 6.0, and there's an English (UK) version, I'm thinking
it should work just fine, after dealing with the walwart issue (and
maybe caller ID signalling).

Anyone imported one from the UK and using it in the US? for how long?
impressions? anything not working?

Have you purchased additional US-spec handsets and used them with the UK
basestation?

Thanks in advance,

Paul