[asterisk-users] Is there a way to encrypt passwords stored in the realtime database?

Igor Hernandez emistz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:32:28 CDT 2008

I was thinking the same thing I believe Tzafrir just alluded to. If the
passwords are encrypted in the DB with a public key then...asterisk
needs to have the private key stored somewhere to be able to decrypt the
values to authenticate the user. In this way there is nothing preventing
whoever intrudes your boxes from getting that key and decrypting the
values himself.

I might be missing something though and if thats the case chime in, I'm
interested in this issue.

Regards,

--
Igor Hernandez