[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA3102-NA firmware upgrade on Linux

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Aug 20 11:34:58 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 03:11 -0600, Joseph wrote:
> On 08/20/08 10:09, Steve Repo wrote:
> >On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Joseph <syscon780 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Does anybody know if the process of upgrading firmware on "Linksys SPA3102-NA" in Linux is the same as on Sipura 3K as described on voip-info.org
> >> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Sipura
> >>

> >I just recently upgraded mine.  It's very straight forward doing it over HTTP.
> >
> >Download the latest firmware from Linksys. Connect to your SPA3102 via
> >HTTP http://192.168.0.1
> >
> >Goto the firmware upgrade page. Browse the firmware you downloaded and
> >hit Upgrade.
> >
> >Steve
>
> Steve! Where is the "firmware upgrade page"?
> I got the firmware from Linksys, uploaded it to my server "localhost" when I try to open it it just keep asking me if I want to save the file.
> The file name is: spa3201-5-7.bin
>
> so in my case in url I'm typing:
> http://10.10.0.104/upgrade?http://localhost/spa3201-5-7.bin
>
> At this point I see the message about upgrading my Linksys but the lights don't blink so nothing is happening.

	First you need to be running either a web server or a tftp server to
host the firmware.  You then point the URL on the Linksys to the IP
address of the http or tftp server so it can download it.  In your
example above you are telling the Linksys to look to itself for the
upgrade which obviously will never work.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001