[asterisk-users] FTC Bans Prerecorded Telemarketing Drivel

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Aug 20 08:38:48 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
> http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/19/2229245&from=rss
>
> Any comments?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dean

I hate those calls and have been getting them more and more.  It
sounds like there will be no enforcement until early next year, but
good riddance.

The worst one is a company that sells extended vehicle warranties.  I
get them on my cell phone and all of my toll frees.  If I wait to get
someone on the phone to ask to be removed, they immediately hangup,
not saying a word.  With any luck that will stop.

I wish this also applied to political calls too.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro