[asterisk-users] Perl AGI defunct process

Darren Sessions dmsessions at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 23:34:10 CDT 2008

Ruddy,

I've used deadagi for years with perfect success.

If it's a perl agi module, you need to make absolutely sure that
you're using 'use strict' and 'use warnings' in the main agi file -as
well- as any includes. You'll need to test your agi while in console
mode, so any of the perl warning messages that get sent to the console
are visible. You'll want to get rid of any errors and warnings.

In addition, I've setup my agi scripts to execute cleanup functions
when they detect any kind of sig message just for good measure.

$SIG{INT}   = 'cleanup';
$SIG{TERM}  = 'cleanup';
$SIG{QUIT}  = 'cleanup';
$SIG{HUP}   = "IGNORE";

With this approach, as I said before, I've ran perl agi apps in very
high call volumes at various companies for years without any issues.

Hope this helps.

  - Darren

dmsessions at gmail.com
http://www.darrensessions.com