[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 audible hold reminder?

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Mon Aug 18 11:55:00 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:27:16PM -0500, dgray at xevio.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently setup my first PBX and am wondering if there might be a
> way to send audible notification to the cisco 7960 phone when a call is
> put on hold. We lost a call due to a customer being on hold and
> forgotten about (yikes). Is there a way to get the phone to beep or ring
> down the same or other SIP channels after a certain amount of time on
> hold?

Yes and no. (I am on the SIP version 8.9)

In the config file for the phone:

call_hold_ringback: 1

This option means that if there is a call on hold, and the handset is
replaced (say, after ending another call) then the held call will ring again
at the handset.

I don't think there is a way (on the handset) to set a held call timeout to
re-ring on the phone.

If you park the call with asterisk instead of holding it, then the call park
option allows calls to come back to the person who parked them after a set
timeout.

You may be able to do something else in asterisk, though not sure what.

Rob

--
Robert Lister     - London Internet Exchange - http://www.linx.net/
sip:robl at linx.net - inoc-dba:5459*710        - tel: +44 (0)20 7645 3510