[asterisk-users] Asterisk might be dropping RTP packets before reaching eth int?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Aug 17 20:18:42 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:10 PM, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is weird. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. We spent 6
>> hours on phone with Digium support yesterday and could not locate an
>> issue within asterisk itself.
>
> Have you tried putting a soft phone on the same machine as the
> asterisk box? Put a sound card in there, connect a microphone, or at
> least a speaker, and try calling your soft phone. Does the call go
> through between the system and itself?
>
> Am I the only person who has suggested that?

At this point, if I were you, I would get a different server, an HP,
IBM, SuperMicro, or something that is known to work well with
Asterisk.  After how many hours of troubleshooting do you give up
because you are wasting more time/money than it would cost to buy a
new box and be done with it?

If it is hardware, I give up after about eight hours or less.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

Thanks,
Steve Totaro