[asterisk-users] disable auth between two asterisk

ronald ramos ronramos1004 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 13:47:06 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have setup 2 asterisk talking  a single mysql cluster. I'm also using realtime db. I've setup sip peering between the two asterisk servers.

[asterisk-1]
insecure=port,invite
type=peer
host=201.202.203.204
context=from-asterisk-1

[asterisk-2]

insecure=port,invite

type=peer

host=201.202.203.205

context=from-asterisk-2

scenario:

ext 100 registers on Asterisk 1
ext 200 registers on Asterisk 2.

ext 100 calls ext 200. asterisk 1 receives request, asterisk 1 cannot find ext 200, forward to asterisk 2, asterisk to sends back407  proxy auth required, asterisk 1 sends proxy auth back to UA (ext 100) but i'm not sure if ext 100 is replying with the needed credentials, because asterisk 2 replies with:

handle_response_invite: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to "Ron" <sip:100 at sip.mydomain.com>

i tried to disabled the password on ext 100, tried the same scenario and call went thru.

so my assumption is a user registered on asterisk 1 cannot send calls to asterisk 2 coz when asterisk 2  asks for authentication, UA does not send it to asterisk 2, but i think it is sending it to asterisk 1. and vice versa if user is registered on asterisk 2, user  wont be able to make  calls to asterisk 1.

how can i disable proxy auth on the server if the user is already registered on the other astertisk.
i've set, insecure=port,invite but it still asks for proxy auth. anyone encountered this?

regards,
Ron